Wednesday 30 July 2014

Hockey with Barry

Waikowhai Intermediate have been very nice and let us use their hockey turf to practice on.  Firstly Miss Fortes showed us how to hold a hockey stick safely.  Then we all walked next door.

When we got there our coach showed us how to hold a hockey stick properly.  You grab the top of the stick with your left hand.  Then hold it a bit down the bottom with your right hand.  You can use your left hand to turn the stick and your right hand to guide it.

Here are some photos of the fun we had.


2 comments:

  1. Hi O'Neill Class,
    Wow! I'm very impressed with all your hockey skills! What would have to be the hardest skill you have learnt?
    I love going to hockey with Barry he is always in a cheerful mood and that's the main reason why I'm always interested when it's time for hockey! What's your favourite part of hockey? Come check out my blog here http://hpscarleecehp.blogspot.co.nz/

    Thanks
    Carleece

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I difinety agree with Carleece. I too is impressed with all your hockey skills! I think you are a great team!
    What's your favourite part of hockey? By the way this is my blog- http://hpsaizizhax.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.